CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

Found blood in urine about 3 weeks

I am 72. Found blood in urine about 3 weeks ago. Went to see doc who sent me to hospital for a scan where they found nothing. Doc had also made an appointment for me to have a scope procedure for next Thursday. In the meantime, the bleeding in the urine has stopped.I really don't want to have the scope test done. What's the worst that can happen if I do nothing more?
Hi Robert, thank you for your question. Blood in the urine in a man of your age is usually indicative of a prostate problem ,including prostatitis, which is an inflammation/infection in the prostate. Most of these do self resolve.Prostate cancer is another concern, because as men age the risk increases. But, If you are no longer bleeding and you prefer not to take the test, I think you are fairly safe in this course of action. I hope this helps you. Happy New Year! :-)