CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

my shoulder blades..burning sensation from middle of back to my neck

3 weeks ago I feel on the ice resulting in no injury to myself at that time. (fell on my bum) The last 2 weeks I have had a soar spot between my shoulder blades and has steadily gotten worse. I have a burning sensation from middle of back to my neck...which after standing or doing movement for an hour, the sensation is unbearable and is all that I can think about. It has now produced a tingling sensation in my right arm and slight numbness in my fingers. I have tried Aleve, pain patch, Flexeril to no avail to remedy the constant pain or sensation. I work at a job where I stand in one position for 7 or more hours, which is painful to say the least. I have had back surgery in the past for a blown out lumbar disc (lower back. Should I see the Dr. ASAP or did I just pull something?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. Your symptoms coupled with the fact that the muscle relaxer flexeril isn't working nor is the anti inflammatory, are suggestive of a pinched nerve or nerve entrapment. This may have happened due to the impact of the fall...which may have compressed or inflammed a disc. Try ice to the area in 15 minute intervals.. try using a bag of frozen vegetables, which works very well. 3 weeks is long enough to have waited it out, I would recommend you see your Doctor for a diagnosis and treatment. I hope this information helps you. I hope you feel better very soon! Happy New Year to you:-)