A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have knots in my upper back near the shoulder blades. This

I have "knots" in my upper back near the shoulder blades. This has been a
problem for 25 years. Relief temporary with massage. "Pamolar" helped but
side effects were sweating and tachacardia.
I would appreciate knowing the Name of this condition so I can talk to the
Doctor. I stumbled onto the name in a newspaper column years ago but forgot it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 4 years ago.

Are the knots in the skin or deeper in the muscle?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In the muscle

You can have faschia swelling on the muscles in the back but I don't know of another name except faschitis.

Also if they are deep in the skin they could be lipomas!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, I know this is a hard thing to do with little information, but that is wrong.
The muscles tense up and hurt like hell
OKay, I am going to opt out and see if another expert may know. Your information will be saved. So they can see our conversation as well. Good luck!
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 years ago.

I believe the term you are looking for is myofascial trigger points. A good physical therapist can actually find them in your muscles and apply pressure (hurts like the dickens while they are doing it) but it does relieve the pain.

A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is "Pamolar" prescribed for that? I am almost willing to put up with the side effects

Pamolar is an antidepressant that is used along with other therapies to improve pain of all types. Today we often do trigger point injections and physical therapy along with pain medication and Pamolar or amitriptyline or other antidepressants to relieve the pain. An orthopedist or rheumatologist would be the specialist to see.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks and best wishes for the new year

The same to you! Hope you get those trigger points taken care of.