DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD

On Tues Dec 30 my left ear blocked up - Id had some cold symptoms,

On Tues Dec 30 my left ear blocked up - I'd had some cold symptoms, no discharge up to that point. Shortly after i went to bed i experienced severe pain in my left ear, heard lots of internal sounds, and after an hour began to discharge clear liquid and blood from my ear. The pain subsided but at the same time my right ear became blocked. As the pain started in my right ear I had a chiropractic adjustment and some massage and the pain subsided, with some liquid draining from the right ear as well.
I'm in no pain now, there is still slight drainage, but my hearing is very limited. I have no fever. I'm very concerned about my hearing. Please advise.
Thank you
Peg Doyle
There is possibility that your infection from throat has spread to ears. Infection spread from throat to ears via Eustachian tubes. You need to get your self examined by a ENT (ear nose throat )doctor as soon as possible. If infection is there you will require antibiotics. Hearing is less because of fluid in middle ear cavity. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
will acupuncture resolve the fluid issue?
No it will not. Sometime if fluid is not resolving you might require to puncture tympanic membrane. Do not worry and visit your doctor.