Susan RN
Susan RN, Nurse
Experience:  RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical

I noticed white not smelling discharge in my mouth about 3

I noticed white not smelling discharge in my mouth about 3 weeks later I had a lipo done for my abdominal area. I was also taking vitamin K (Mephyton), vit. C (10 gr/day), and collagen all that time. I am wondering what is causing this discharge and what should I do about it.
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 4 years ago.
Do you have cough or sore throat?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not really. I have a little bit stuffed nose in the mornings, but I attribute it to the dry air, I get it every winter season, and after I blow it, usually it is enough till the next morning.
Expert:  Susan RN replied 4 years ago.

Hello,Customer Just to clarify your question, can you please let me know if I have this correct?

You have a white discharge in your mouth every day.

No smell.

Any taste?

Any pain?

Any itching?

Any burning?

What have you tried to use to treat it?

Can you send me a picture of it?

What medical conditions do you have?

What medicines do you take besides the collagen, vit. C, and Vit. K?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The white discharge has no smell, no taste; there is no pain, itching or burning. I didn't use anything to treat it as I don't know what is this. Besides the discharge I also get chills, they started in November as well, a week or so after the lipo surgery. Also, when I started to excesizing again, I noticed that I became very weak, my musles would get tired almost immediately and I would have no strength to continue excesizing, although I still would continue. Usually I would get the chills when I go to sleep at night, then I started getting them during the day as well. Like working at the office being in front of my computer, without any other activity or change in an outside temperature, I would suddenly feel freezing cold and would have to put on more sweaters to warm myself. These are basically the only symptons I have. Again, they started after my lipo procedure. Besides the vitamins I indicated I take St. John Wort, SAM-e, fish oil, Vit. B, L-Tryptophan, but I am taking them for a really long time, and there were no any symptoms until after the surgery. I have a feeling that my immune system got weaker and that's why I got the chills and the discharge. I can't take a picture of it, because it comes usually in the morning after I wake up and there is not much of it, I just take it out with my finger as I start feeling it on or under my toung, it is not on the walls of my mouth.
Expert:  Susan RN replied 4 years ago.

Have you been running a fever when you feel chilled? What does the area you had lipo suctioned look like? color? swelling? etc.

What was the date you had the lipo done?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I have no fever when I get chills. The lipo was done on my abdomen, and there is nothing suspicious in there, it's healing nicely. The date it was done: 11/2/2009
Expert:  Susan RN replied 4 years ago.

Do you have any idea what is causing the chills then? Hormones maybe?

At first your white spots sounded like thrush, but usually it stays and spreads in the mouth while causing pain in the mouth like a sore throat unless it is treated with an antifungal medicine. I am wondering if your sinus drainage during the night could be what you see in the morning in your mouth since you are able to wipe it out of your mouth and it doesn't return until the next morning after you have been sleeping.

Something you could do to cleanse your mouth would be to gargle with some warm salt water at night and in the morning. This would help clean away anything like drainage in your mouth. Another solution you could try is peroxyl which is a hydrogen peroxide diluted mouth gargle that would do the same thing. You could also try an antiseptic mouth wash like listerine or scope to help rinse your mouth and see if that helps.

If nothing seems to help, you may want to contact your doctor or your dentist to see if there is something else they want to do like culture the white stuff or prescribe a prescription mouth rinse.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if I can be of help again. Click the green accept button if this information has helped. If you are very satisfied, a bonus is welcomed. Thank you and Happy New Year! God bless you.

Susan RN, Nurse
Experience: RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical