Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
You are correct about him not needing to be around caustic fumes of bleach and other cleaners while having Pneumonia or while having Chemo for that fact. So, there is only a very few options here. Depending on where the mold was found, he can --one, leave the house and stay with a relative or in a hotel/motel room while the visable mold is cleaned and then he can return a couple of days later when the fumes are clearly gone, or two-have a professional/environmental cleaning service come in and see what they recommend or suggest and if they feel they can clean up the mold, then I would let them do it. The only other option is to not be in the house any longer and move. -but this is not a likely scenario unless he is very serious about being in a cleaner environment.
Hope this helps, reply back if needed!
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Common sense told me what you were going to say. I guess I didn't give enough information regarding the house & problem itself. The house is built of cement blocks and the mold appears to be in between the blocks and the drywall and coming through. The roof leaked at one time and they replaced it but they didn't do anything else at that time. What can we do now? What are the proper procedures to follow when building/remodeling a cement block home to prevent something like this from happening?
You are very welcome. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do when leaks start happening. Basically, what is done is done. Once this kind of leak has happened, the mold has obviously invaded the drywall on the backside and is mostly likely in the roof itself. I would venture to guess the mold has also invaded the heating and cooling system through small leaks in the sheet metal as well. When the HVAC system is in use, the spores are indeed flying throught the air. Besides having someone come in and replace the duct work, and do a random check of the backside of the drywall, one must assume that the mold has invaded the majority of the house and the ones inside are putting their health at risk by staying there. Remolding may not even be an option....this would depend on what the findings are if you hire someone to come out and inspect the house. An Environmental Services company in your area could give you a good idea at what you are looking at (or what they are looking at).
Hope this helps!