Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I am a male...I tried using a vacuum pump for the first time...i

I am a male...I tried using a vacuum pump for the first time...i think that i might have over done it...i have bruising
You will have to take some rest while there is healing. You could apply cold packs to the areas that are bruised.
As such brusing is known complication from using vacuum pump for longer duration and it is due to burst blood vessels .
Also NSAIDS like motrin can be helpful if there is pain and swelling .
If the swelling continues more than a day or two, or you see no signs of healing you should be seen by a doctor for further management.

Edited by Dr Anil Kumar on 1/1/2010 at 5:15 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i did this last was a cheap pump...all the blood was forced to the tip...the middle shaft was stayed the same...i released the air a second or 2 after discomfort...but i have slight bruising around the head...also I was panicing so this morning tried to get an erection...seems that the head area got erect...but the middle did not...will I be normal...again or did I do permanant damage after only 2 seconds or so??? thanks
Well you will need to be patient for the time being and avoid using such pumps again .
Also you should make sure you should avoid sexual activity for few days so as to help in healing .
Chances of permanent damage are less .