Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist

I woke last week to find a red hard oval shaped lump under

I woke last week to find a red hard oval shaped lump under my left eyebrow which overlapped onto my upper lid (about 1cm length). it wasnt painful but by the 5th day my left nymph node was swollen and the lump was oozing a yellow clear fluid which dried into a crust, after wiping this away with a tissue a painful scab was formed. my eye had swollen and the left side of my forehead and scalp was very itchty as well as my eye. it is now the 7th day and the scab is still there and occasionally oozing yellow puss. what is this and how can i make it go away and prevent it from happening again?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 6 years ago.

This is likely to be an infection of the skin of that area, probably spread from your scalp.

The Antibiotic should help with this boil.

Seeing a Dermatologist for examination of your Scalp to to look for a Seborrheic Dermatitis and treating it would help a recurrence.