DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD
8742629

have finished all my RX for shingles and burn and itch has

have finished all my RX for shingles and burn and itch has come back. What can be used no drug store open holiday.
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Welcome to just answer......Shingles are also known as herpes zoster which spreads through your skin in the form of a rash or blister similar to chicken-pox. It is associated with grueling pain, itchiness, burning sensation and sometimes even numbness. Before the rash appears you develop pain and tenderness on a particular area of your body. If no drug store is open you can Powder two aspirin tablets and mix it in 2 tbsp of chloroform or alcohol. Apply this paste on the affected area. This will provide good relief.You can apply wet dressing to soothe the burning sensation and avoid being in humid areas. Always keep yourself cool.Keep the blisters open and dry. Do not burst the blisters by scratching. To provide relief, make a solution by mixing 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar in 2 cups of water. Use a cotton cloth to moisten the affected areas by using the upward movement.

To prevent itching and to reduce pain you can dust colloidal powder. You can make a solution by mixing aloe vera gel, raw honey and leek juice to be applied on the rash. You can also sponge the blisters or rashes by use of vitamin E oil, apple cider vinegar, cool goldenseal, mugwort or peppermint tea.Baking soda and water solution can also be applied as a cold compress. Avoid food which contain amino acid such as chocolate, cereal grains, nuts and seeds. Eating pear of having its juice in ample amounts is good, as it has a great supply of antiviral caffeic acid.

Edited by Dr. AM. MD. on 1/1/2010 at 2:39 PM EST
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MD
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is there anything that can be purchased at a store that might work

Expert:  DR MED MD replied 4 years ago.
You can try above mentioned methods and once drug store opens continue with your medication and consult your dermatologist.