Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

MY DR.GAVE ME SALICYLIC/HYDROCORT/SULFUR PO FORMY FACE,,I HAVE

MY DR.GAVE ME SALICYLIC/HYDROCORT/SULFUR PO FORMY FACE,,I HAVE THESE BUMPS AND BLACK MARK ON MY LEGS SO I RUBBED A LITTLE,ON MY LEGS, AND I NOTICED, THE BLACK MARKS ARE INGROWN HAIRS,AND THE MOLES,THE MORE I RUBBED,I WAS AMAZED,I HAVE BEEN ITCHING ALL OVER MY BODY FOR 3 YEARS, LITTLE BUISES,IHAVE A SST.JUDE MECHICAL HEART VALVE AND HAVE BEEN TO MANY DRS.IS IT INGROWN HAIRS? FROM MY FACE TO MY TOES

Have you noticed an improvement with the itch using this new cream?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
YES,BUT,I'M AMAZED TO SEE THE HAIR,IT' UNDER MY SKIN IT'S BLACK MARKS AND IT LOOKS LIKE A BRUISE, IT IS SO WEIRD ,I DO TAKE COUMADIN,BUT THESE ARE DIFFERENT

The product you are using has three actions:

salicylate: removes excess scales from skin

hydrocortisone: reduces inflammation/redness and thins skin when used over time It has a benefit of reducing itch relating to inflammation.

sulphur: anti-bacterial action

So using this will remove the excess surface layer of the skin and allow the small capillaries under the skin to be more visible. It may also allow more easily the normal hair follicles to be visualized and does not mean that you have ingrown hairs all over.

This cream should only be used on areas as directed by the doctor and for limited periods as excess use can cause skin damage. If you are seeing more visible bruises then you need to have your INR checked. Do you know your latest INR?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THE DR WANTED ME TO USE THE TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE ,ON MY ENTIRE BODY, SSO I DID AND THAT WHEN I NOTICED THE BRUISING,PIN POINTS,AND THEN CLUSTERS,MY INR IS FINE,THATS WHY,ITS WEIRD

The triamcinolone causes this effect of skin thinning and also increased risk of 'striae' or purple stretch marks.

Without seeing these marks then I cannot be definitive however the other possibility is that these are 'purpurae' or petechia (small clusters of capillaries bleeding). Even when INR is normal, other things can interfere with the other clotting factors leading to increased bleeding. If you feel unwell then you should see a doctor over the holiday. If you are feeling well then it may be alright to wait until after the holiday to see a doctor.

Have you noticed any change to color of urine?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
EXPLAIN SMALL CLUSTER OF OF CAPILLARRIES BLEEDING, WWHAT DO THEY LOOK LIKE

Have a look at these images:

here

and here

Basically there is small amounts of blood leaking from capillaries under the skin.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
YES THATS WHAT THEIR STARTING TO LOOK LIKE ALL OVER MY BODYIN DIFFERENT PLACES, WHAT DO I DO
How do you feel today, any fever or pain?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
JUST A LITTLE PAIN

I would like you to see a doctor today. This type of problem may simply be a side effect of your medication and the coumadins, however it can rarely be associated with endocarditis (and I'm thinking of your valve here) and also some auto-immune or infective causes.

You need a check up in person and some blood tests. You may even need an echocardiogram depending on the results of examination.

So you will need to go to ER or urgent care clinic in your area.