Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

temp is 100 - down from 101; lots diarrhea saturday all day;

temp is 100 - down from 101; lots diarrhea saturday all day; lots of heavy vomiting; cramping - not sure if that is because of the severe vomiting. no blood in any of the fluids.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry you are not feeling well.
This has been going on for about 7 days now?
Are you feeling dizziness?
Shortness of breath?
How many times are you vomiting per day?
How many episodes of diarrhea per day?
Do you take any daily medications or have any chronic health problems?
Are you able to keep any food down?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this all hit within last 24 hours. no dizziness nor shortness of breath.
i do have chronic bronchitis from time to time.

vomiting yesterday was at least 8 times.

diarrhea was at least 12 times.

tovar 5 20 for heart pressure
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Ok, thank you for clarifying.
I was concerned that this was going on since last Saturday!

Are you having any abdominal pain that is centered in one area? (such as in the lower left abdomen)? Tenderness when you push on the lower left abdomen?

Are you still vomiting?
Are you able to keep liquids down?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
havent vomited in four hours. but have cramping on left and right below stomach; no tenderness when i press the gut. drinking very small amounts of fluid now. so far so good.

i love this service
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
I am glad you are happy Just Answer Smile

It sounds like you have a viral gastroenteritis (a viral stomach "flu").
It is quite miserable and I am sorry that you are experiencing it.

Since you are no longer vomiting, hopefully you are on the mend at this point.
What you need to do is continue with the small amounts of water and cold fluids (propel is fine, you can also do clear carbonated beverages and broth).

Slowly increase the amounts of fluids. Once it feels like you are truly finished vomiting and stomach is settled, then you can start with some solid foods. Initially, bananas, rice, crackers, soups are good to start with. Starchy foods, pastas (plain, not spicy tomato sauces) and boiled vegetables can be tried next.

You can also use pepto-bismol if you like. It does have an aspirin like component to it, so if you take aspirin, you may not want to use it.

Worrisome symptoms would be if you develop lower left abdominal pain/tenderness, increasing abdominal pain, fever increases again.
Also if you become dizzy, develop shortness of breath or chest pain, go to the emergency room. These are signs of dehydration.

I hope that you feel better soon.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions and I will be happy to discuss further,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience: Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States