Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

Hi Im a 32 year old white male stressing out a bit I recently

Hi I'm a 32 year old white male stressing out a bit I recently had a week holiday in Bali,Indonisia (live in Australia) and had protected sex with a prostitute.I was drunk and didn't ejaculate and also gave her cunnilungus.
The next night I started to feel a sore throat coming on and the night after I had night sweats (only for about a day and a night).
Could this be HIV? Would it have been to early for these symptoms?
I drank a fair bit off beer over the holiday and had a lot of late nights.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

when did you have protected sex?

was there any bleeding or cut/abrasion in your mouth or genitalia?

when did you have the hiv test done?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I was in hospital over there for 2 nights 28th 29th nov and slept with prostitute on 30th nov and used condom.

no as far as im aware i didn't have any cuts or bleeding from anywhere.

I have not been tested yet but have been tested over the years 3 times all were negative and havent slept with anyone for a good 10 months. im good with safe sex its mainly the flu syptoms that scare me.i will get tested as soon as i fly back th perth (working out in the mines at the moment).. cheers

Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the information,

The chances of hiv transmission after protected sex is very less since you used the condom.The absence of cut, abrasion or bleeding again makes it less likely to get the hiv transmission.

You should not worry as the sore throat is a vague symptoms and may occur after any viral or bacterial infection.

You may take the warm saline gargles and oral antibiotics if necessary to control the bacterial infection.

The symptoms of hiv may come after a few weeks to some years and vary from person to person.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!