Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery

My son has a increase in saliva after hyperbaric therapy

My son has a increase in saliva after hyperbaric therapy. He is having a hard time getting down any food are liquid.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 6 years ago.
What medications is he on?

What specifically are they treating?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 6 years ago.

I'll leave my answer here, since it appears you may be offline.

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy probably is not related with increased salivary production.

(However, they are currently studing whether or not this can increase saliva production in people with xerostomia, or insufficient saliva production).

Regardless of whether or not it is related -- the bigger issue here is that he is having trouble swallowing food or water -- which could be the actual reason for the sensation of increased saliva.

So -- he needs to discuss this with his doctor ASAP if this is becoming a problem, since his doctor will need to evaluate his ability to swallow to ensure that this is not the problem. If it is simply increased saliva, there are medications which can be given to help "dry" up the saliva production.