Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

Im an 18 year old male that weights 185lb and Im 511

Customer Question

I'm an 18 year old male that weights 185lb and I'm 5'11". I started wellbutrin xl 150mg about 12 days ago for Dysthyimia. What effects does alcohol have while taking this? Will it just intensify te effects? I have no history of seizures or mental illness.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 6 years ago.

Hi there

Wellbutrin and alcohol do not mix....so much so, that if alcohol is consumed, the dose should be held. Mixing could cause heart rhythm disorders and even tremors.

Alcohol and medicines like Wellbutrin act upon similar chemicals in the brain. So the concern is that Wellbutrin will increase the effects of alcohol -- whether this is increasing symptoms of depression or affecting motor skills. So, it is not advised at all.

Stay safe and enjoy the New Year!

********************

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So it will just make me more drunk than normal?

Hi there, yes, it very well could and most likely will. I can't make the decision for you, but just know the warnings beforehand.

********************