Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

Ive been sick for 2 weeks now, and Im not getting better

I've been sick for 2 weeks now, and I'm not getting better at all. I have a severe sore throat, and ear pain. I'm also very tired and I've had a fever for a majority of the time (except about 2 days in between.) The thing that I'm most worried about is the fact that I'm very dizzy and I have been since the beginning.

I've been to 2 doctors. The first one ran a strep test and told me I would get better a week ago. When I didn't I went to another doctor who took blood to test for mono. I haven't heard back from that yet, but I'm worried about the fact that I'm still dizzy and somewhat confused. What should I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 4 years ago.

Greetings,

Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any treatment taken except lidocaine?

Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My ears kill, my throat is sore. I ache all over, and I can't get enough sleep. I'm dizzy and confused, and sick to my stomach. My glands and neck hurt very bad.

I have had mono in the past and this doesn't feel like it at all (aside from the fatigue and sore throat.)

Lidocaine is the only thing they have given me.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the input,

The middle ear is connected with the back of the throat by a tube called Eustachian tube. The sensation in the ear may occur from blockage of this tube or from infection in the ear too .This can follow after any cold or upper respiratory infection. Dizziness & sickness can occur from ear infection. However there can be many other conditions which can cause dizziness. These can range from heart ,nerve diseases to simple dehydration , anxiety , stress too. You can consult an ENT or ear, nose, throat specialist for an examination.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 25 years of clinical experience