Ask Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN Your Own Ques...
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner

is it all right to uses 1 dose polyethylene glycol 3350 NF

is it all right to uses 1 dose polyethylene glycol 3350 NF in the morning anda dose of lactulose at nite for chronic constpaion

Thank you for writing in today. There are no contraindication for using Miralax (polyethylene glycol) and Lactulose together. If this is the regimen that you find works to treat your chronic constipation, this should be fine; however, I would recommend discussing this with your provider. Whenever someone is using routine medications to treat chronic constipation, a provider should be involved. Eventually, you might find that this regimen loses some of it's therapeutic effect, and you may be in need of other options. Your provider will be best to help you with your chronic constipation regimen. I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know. Lisa