CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

What is the official rate of blood alcohol reduction over time

What is the official rate of blood alcohol reduction over time for a 39 year old Australian male
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. A healthy functioning liver can metabolize one ounce of alcohol per hour.
AS far as testing is concerned, alcohol is detectable in your blood much longer than it is for a breath test. Using a breath test, one ounce of alcohol is no longer detectable in one to two hours, depending on the size and sex of the person.
A blood test can detect smaller amounts of alcohol and for longer periods. Small amounts of alcohol ingestion (one to three ounces) may be detectable in the blood ten to twelve hours later, depending on the sex and size of the person. A frequent drinker’s blood and organs store alcohol, and it takes much longer, up to a week,to eliminate enough alcohol from the system to pass a blood alcohol screening. I hope this information helps you . Please click ACCEPT. Thank you and Happy Holidays! :-)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thankyou so much for your time and patience. If this information could be ressupplied in metric conversion it would assist me in greatly and be be exectly the answer I require. I'd like to avoid any possibility of conversion misinterpretation . If it was at all possible your accredited medical sourse of this information would be very much appreciated. I will have no hesitation in clicking ACCEPT once this information is availible.
Thankyou so much for your help and Happier Holidays back at you
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
1 ounce [US, liquid] = approximately 29.57 milliliters
Data on the web that you can access:

Other supporting sites include: