Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I have a pain in the inside of my right foot sometimes even

I have a pain in the inside of my right foot sometimes even on the top, comes and goes, can be very intense and feels like there is swelling compared to left foot. Have had for 6 monthes. I also have plantar fasciitis in this foot.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Do you get this problem in the morning time? Is there any stiffness which gets better over few hours? Do you have pain when you press? Any skin color change or rashes? Have you been evaluated for it? Any trauma or fall?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No not necessarily in the morning, no stiffness,yes pain when I press, no skin color changes or rashes. I have not been evaluated, I walk and bicycle.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Where exactly is the pain and tenderness located? Does it get worse after walking or bicycling?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Top left side of my mid arch, yes gets worse after I bike or walk
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Based on the information, it does not look like caused by plantar fasciitis, as the location of pain and nature of presentation is not typical for it. Presence of localized swelling, tenderness and aggravation by walking or bike is suggestive of some localized pathology. There are many possible causes, which can present with similar symptoms some of them are trauma, ligaments sprain, muscle strain or micro-trauma injuries which can be caused by running on uneven surfaces, surfaces that are too hard or too soft, or shoes that have poor force-absorption qualities or fit incorrectly. Repeated over stressing of the same structure of the foot may cause stress fractures, tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, and acute and chronic osteoarthritis, which can cause foot pain. Even injury to plantar fascia can cause arch pain. As you are having it for the last 6 months without any self recovery, I would strongly consider proper evaluation and investigation to find out the exact cause, which can be treated effectively to get rid of this pain. You need x ray and possibility MRI of foot and arch, to pin point the diagnosis. In the mean time, I recommend taking rest, warm compression, foot elevation, pain meds local/oral and avoid or cut down long walk and bicycle.
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience: Years of experience in patients' management.