Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

i am having a yellow watery vaginal discharge, no odor what

i am having a yellow watery vaginal discharge, no odor what could be the culprit?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
Is it a recent change? Do you have abnormal amount of discharge, itching, rashes, pain? Do you have any health issues or taking any meds such as antibiotics? Have you ever had vaginitis? Have you been evaluated for it?

Edited by Dr. Shah on 12/11/2009 at 4:03 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I HAD JUST COMPLETED A ROUND OF SEPTRA FOR A BLADDER INFECTION THEN HAD WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A YEAST INFECTION, WITH ITCHING DISCHARGE ECT AND TRIED MONOSTAT AND DIFLUCAN WITH GOOD RESULST, THEN ACUTELY YESTERDAY STARTED HAVING A THIN YELLOW WATERY-LIKE DISCHARGE WITHOUT ANY ODOR OR PAIN, NO ITCHING BUT SOME URINARY TRACT PAIN. OF COURSE I AM CONCERNED WITH THE POSIBILITY OF STD'S SO I AM APPREHENSIVE ABOUT GOING TO A MD, I WORK IN THE MEDICAL FIELD.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
Based on the information, it looks like a case of vaginitis. Bacterial vaginitis and trichomoniasis can cause yellowish discharge, they are also associated with other signs and symptoms, which you don't have much of it, at this time, but it could be little early to have full set of symptoms. Thus, a diagnosis can not be made just on the basis of discharge color. I would strongly consider to get it evaluated and have vaginal swab test, which will detect the infection in very early stage. Once the cause is known then the treatment is very effective. In order to treat these conditions, you will need prescription meds such as metronidazole. You can read more about it from click here.

Edited by Dr. Shah on 12/11/2009 at 4:55 PM EST