RAJESH  CHAUHAN
RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor
Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W
15267337

have difficuilty with my speech cannot get my words out or

have difficuilty with my speech cannot get my words out or have conversation with anyone and its getting worse i only started with problem when diognosed with atrial fib and svt
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 7 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

For how long are you having these problems?

How did it start off?

What makes it worse and is there anything that helps?

Any previous heart disease?

Any stroke/ TIA?

What tests/ investigations have been done?

Any other symptoms?

Any other medical issues/ significant history?

Thanks. Shall be waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have these problems since 2002 when istarted with atial fib and svt my gp sent me for a head scan because of headaches in2007 but it came back clear my speech has got worse so i was sent to a speech therapist but she could nopt give me any answers she was baffled.
Thanks.

When do you get these atrial fibrillations/ SVT?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ihad apacemaker fitted becauce of this in 2003 and although i have had 2occasions when my heart has been going fast on the whole it is contoling it when i had my pacemaker fitted a docter noticed my speech problem but didnt take it any further in the last three months i have been told i have high blood pressure but i am not on any medication nothing seems to make it any worse i have got the problem all the time.
Thanks.

(a) How did the SVT and atrial fib started in 2002? What had happened?

(b) Is this problem of SVT/ atrial fib all the time despite the pacemaker?

(c) Do you notice any change in speech whenever atrial fib/ SVT starts off (or vice versa)?

(d) Any recent MRI of the brain/ electrophysiological studies for conduction of heart done?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
A - nothing started it it came on while in the house getting ready for work B-no Cno D cannot have mri because of my pace maker dont understand what electrophysiollogical studies of the heart means i have reding took off my pacemaker every 12 months but i got to go every 6 months now

Thanks for the additional details. Having gone through your descriptions, I feel that there might be a remote possibility of this Atrial fib / SVT being related to speech causing speech abnormality. Please have a look at these web resources which provide authentic information about this issue:

http://www.hrsonline.org/News/Media/press-releases/press-release-speech-induced-af.cfm

Secondly, getting afflicted with the problem of SVT/ atrial fib is not normal in any way. Heart rhythm abnormality could possibly be the initiating event which could have led to a embolus been dislodged into the speech area of the brain (something like a minor stroke), causing the speech abnormality that you now have.

Therefore I think that you must discuss with your doctor. The following tests may be required:

(a) MRI of the brain, which may pick up any blockage/ infarct.

(b) Your doctor may also want a MRA (magnetic resonance angiography) of the brain

(c) Electrophysiological studies of the heart (which may be followed by catheter ablation which may stop the rhythm disturbances).

Depending on the cause, further management would be appropriate and beneficial to you. Moreover you have to get yourself examined for your blood pressure regularly.

I hope that this information helps. Best wishes. Kindly feel free to enquire if you have any remaining concerns or doubts and it would be my privilege to try helping you as much as I can.

…………………………………………………….

Please click on “Accept” if you feel that you have got the information that you required.