Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

Can red bull energy drinks lower or kill sperm count

Dear gxiong,

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

The red bull energy drink contains the ingredients like taurine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, B vitamins, sucrose, and glucose.It may contain cocaine unofficially.

The cocaine and such abusive substances , smoking, malnutrition, and other environmental factors may cause such low sperm counts for the time being.

Here is the link for more information

red bull ingredients

causes of low sperm count

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry, but it doesnt tell me why, and i dont think red bull have cociane. because if it does people who have jobs will get fired. because of drug exams...i want to know why it does and if all kind of energy drink kills sperm or just lowers it.

Dear gxiong,

The drink does not contain any ingredients which may cause decrease in sperm counts.The ingredients like taurine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, B vitamins, sucrose, and glucose which are declared officially are unlikely to cause such symptoms.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So, redbull does or does not contain taurine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, B vitamins, sucrose, and glucose?

Dear gxion,

The redbull contain these substances.These substance are NOT harful for the sperms.You need not worry about it and take as such.

Here is the link for more information

contents of redbull

Let me know if you need any more information

Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay, will we are trying to get pregnant and by drinking redbull will it affect anything?

Dear gxion,

It is unlikely to effect on pregnancy and you may take it.

Let me know if you need any more info.

thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay thanks. well i know this is a girl question but if a girl to olvuated on the dec. 1, when will it be okay for her to test if she is pregnant? Also, if she is experiencing pregnancy symptoms but negative test, is that the answer to it or shoould it be waiteed

Dear gxion.

The pregnancy is positive after a few weeks from the date of fertilisation.It can be false negative in early pregnancy and in that case it should be repeated after a week.

If she ovulates then you should do the test around dec 15 when the time for missing her period comes.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, thanks for your help. I was scared that maybe we could never get pregnant because i drink so many redbull. but then hopefully something will happen. Thanks again

Dear gxion,

you are welcome.

best!