CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I think I have an overactive mucus gland, I have been dealing

I think I have an overactive mucus gland, I have been dealing with this for almost two years. Constant running down my throat and mucus that just seems to hang in my throat. I have to clear my throat every couple of minutes. Nothing I've tried seems to work. Please Help
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. Do you have any allergies? Are you on any medications or supplements?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes I do have allergies all year long. I was taking Zytrec all year long but stopped taking it because I was no longer getting relief from my allergy symptoms. I currently take Aciphex 20mg once a day.

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
I would recommend you see an allergy specialist as it is very possible that your excessive mucus is caused by an allergy ( or allergies). A specialist is equipped to test you for various possible sensitivities which would help you tremendously in eliminating the cause. I hope this information helps you, if so, please click accept. I wish you the best! :-)