Ask Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN Your Own Ques...
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner

If I overdosed on Tylenol, about 30/500 mg tablets(my weight

If I overdosed on Tylenol, about 30/500 mg tablets(my weight is about 250) and its been over 72 hours and I have had no symptoms, does this mean Im in the clear?
Category: Health
Expert:  Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for writing in today. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The biggest concern is organ damage, particularly liver and kidney. Even though you are asymptomatic, this does not mean that there has not been any liver damage. In fact, taking that much Tylenol has resulted in an assault on the liver, without a doubt. At this point, you need prompt evaluation. Early intervention to protect vital organs is essential in cases of Tylenol overdose. Even though it is 3 days after the overdose, you should still seek emergency evaluation and care. Although you feel stable and asymptomatic, I would not recommend deferring evaluation. I hope this helps to answer your question. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know. Lisa

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what am I to do? If I go to the er then my husband will know and its important for me for him not to know...
At this point, it's important to be evaluated. The ER will not give out information if you request privacy. You could also consider visiting an urgent care center for a preliminary workup.