Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

I was wondering if it was normal to have one submandable saliva

Customer Question

I was wondering if it was normal to have one submandable saliva gland more prominate then the other? No pain, or hardness, or redness? It is in that area, I'm having a hard time telling if its a lymph node, or saliva gland.... Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 6 years ago.
Hello.While minimal differences might exist,if there is a gross difference in size,it needs to be evaluated to rule out any disease of problem with the enlarged gland.Further,as the cervical lymphadenopathy in the area will resemble the gland being in the same area,you will probably need a ultrasound or CT Scan to appreciate that the gland is involved.I suggest you see your doctor,who can examine you and guide you on this point.If any examination /tests are required,he can recommend them after seeing you.