Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

HOW DO I KNOW IF ITS A HERNIA I PULLED A MUSCLE IN THE CREASE

Customer Question

HOW DO I KNOW IF ITS A HERNIA?? I PULLED A MUSCLE IN THE CREASE OF MY LEFT LEG-ONE SIDE WHERE IT MEETS THE GROIN AREA AND ITS STILL BOTHERING ME -ITS BEEN 3 MONTHS
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 7 years ago.

Hello

A hernia is typically seen as a bulge or weak spot in the muscle.... or a protrusion of an organ or the muscular wall of an organ through the cavity that normally contains it. If you have pulled a muslce in the groin area (crease of the leg), this is a very difficult spot for a strain/sprain of a muscle to heal. But I would say that after 3 months, it would be time to have your pain evaluated. It could be a very small herniated area, yes, but more likely either small muscle tears or even ligament damage from the injury. Having the area examined could determine whether it truely is a hernia or not. You can not only cut back on physical activity, but you can apply warm moist heat to the area to help the area loosen up. Loosening up the muscle in the area could help prevent re-injury later on. Also, the use of Advil or Motril will help with the inflammation if you can tolerate it and you are not allergic to the ingredients.

Hope this helps!

********************

Don't forget...You will need to click ACCEPT or the $$$ you have put down as a deposit will not go to me. JustAnswer.com will hold your deposit and I will not get credit for my time and efforts.