Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

Breathlessness,Tirdness,Retching and having to eat small mouthfuls

Breathlessness,Tirdness,Retching and having to eat small mouthfuls food.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
How long are you having these symptoms? Do you have any heartburn, pain upper abdomen, belching, bloating, nausea? Any known health issues? How often is breathlessness?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Belching 20 years plus. Been feeling tired with nausea and bloating for about 3 months. Mostly breathless in the mornings and other syptoms are worse in the mornings too. I have been a diabetic for 30 odd years and inject with insulin 4 times a day.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
You seem to have symptoms from more than one organ systems? Which problems is bothering you the most? Do you have wt. loss, anorexia or any lungs problem? Is you diabetes under control? Have you been evaluated for your current problem?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Have been prescribed tablets for fluid in my lungs and am waiting for a colonoscopy.

No weight loss or gain or anorexia.

Diabetes is under control now but when I first became ill my blood sugar was very low.

Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
Your breathlessness, tiredness could be due to fluid in your lungs. As you are on the treatment for it, you will see gradual improvement as the fluid level decrease. If you see sudden severe breathing difficulty then, you will need urgent care. You can use extra pillow to feel better at night. Your next problem seem to be belching, bloating and nausea, these are likely due to stomach problem such as gastritis, if Gaviscon was not helpful, then you can try OTC Prilosec and see if that helps. As you have diabetes, persistent nauses/retching, abdominal fullness could be due to gastroparesis, you can have a proper evaluation to rule out this possibility.