CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

dupatrons what are they and what can be done for them. thank

dupatrons what are they and what can be done for them. thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
HI and thank you for your question. I am not understanding your question... what does dupatrons refer to? Or rather... what kind of problem is it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
lumps in the hands and curling in of fingers and aching in hands.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Dupuytren's contracture is a hand deformity which causes the connective tissue in your palms to contract. Thick cords form under the skin causing the fingers to be in a bent position. Your fingers will still be able to bend, but will not straightenout. If dupuytren's is not causing you and you are able to use your hands, you may not need treatment at this time, however, if severe and interfering with your every day tasks, treatments available include steroid injections, radiation therapy to help stop the scarring process under the skin, and needle aponeurotomy which is used to straighten the fingers. I hope this information helps you, if so, please click accept. Thank you and I wish you the best ! :-)\