Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

im beginning to be mentally disturbed and depressed. i forgot

i'm beginning to be mentally disturbed and depressed. i forgot the right counting of when are you safe to have sex. we had trouble with my husband and we had sex that i think i am not safe. i am risk already to be pregnant. what should i do? sad thing also to know lately that my husband is having an affair to my best friend. please help me. thanks.

new york
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 6 years ago.
Dear mackie09,
Hello.I feel you should first get yourself tested for pregnancy.I suggest that you take a pregnancy test.It is quite possible that you may not be pregnant inspite of the period being unsafe.Secondly,your husband may be having passing fancy for your friend,but you are his wife.if you can discuss the matter rationally and talk things over,I am sure matters may revert to normalcy.Accusations may not help,act maturely and keep your marriage solid.Your doctor may be able to give you something for your anxiety and depression,as also help you with your suspect pregnancy.

Edited by Vakul Aren on 12/1/2009 at 4:56 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you but can you give me the counting period of safe sex. just to satisfy me and get a little of my worries until my period comes.
The period one week before and after ovulation is considered safe.The 14-15 day of menstruation is the ovulation time,that would mean the first seven and the last seven days are considered safe.But a word of caution,research shows that actually the safe period and fertile periods vary greatly and no day is really safe.Pregnancy can occur on any day and there is actually no safe period..