Susan RN
Susan RN, Nurse
Experience:  RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical

blood work that his doctor did said that part was fine..neuropathy

i have a 15 year old son(he will be on Feb.8th) he is 5'1" and weighs 89lbs. The blood work that his doctor did said that part was fine just the test for gluten neuropathy was borderline.
His father is 6'0", mother is 5'5", brother 20 is 6' and brother 17 is 5'61/2"
but that brother was a primie that wieghed 2'9" so I figure he is a late blomer. Should I we worried about the boys? what do I need to do next? where should I look? And what could be causing the 17 and 15 year old to be so small? Both boys are very athletic one is a Jr. High quarter back the other was 1st all distict defence player this year. but the other boys are getting so large.
Thank you,
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan RN replied 6 years ago.
Are any of the boys are any medicines? Do any of them have any other medical conditions? Did the doctor xray their growth plates?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
they are not own any medications. They xrayed the 17 year old theigh bone and said there is growth potintal(I dont know if that means he is going to grow or what) The 15 year old they did not xray.
Expert:  Susan RN replied 6 years ago.

Yes, growth potential means there is still room to grow so he is not done growing yet. I have noticed with my sons, that they were usually shorter in middle school, started to grow a little their freshman year, then grew more as they got closer to graduation and continued to grow after graduation. I cannot say how tall they may get, but it sounds like the doctor will most likely keep an eye on their growth curve for their age to be sure they continue to progress at their rate. IT sounds like they are healthy active boys. Congratulations on such fine young men!

I would not be surprised if the doctor xrayed the younger son later on down the road if his growth still seems slower than expected.

I hope this information is helpful. I am here to help you. Please let me know if you need anything else or have any other concerns or questions. Please click the accept button at the end of our session. If you are very satisfied with my information, a bonus is welcomed. THank you.God bless you.