Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.
8775652

Hi My wife is vomiting after everything she eats. This has

Customer Question

Hi

My wife is vomiting after everything she eats. This has been going on for 2-3 months. She has seen a gastrologist and he has carried out a endoscopy and gastroscopy and found nothing wrong. He has prescribed her to some medicine which she has been taking for a month but still nothing has changed.

Can you help or advise on anything?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Will you please answer some questions-
1.Since when it is there?
2.Is there any chronic disease like diabetes or high blood pressure?
3.Is she under stress?
4.Is theree any pain in abdomen or any problem with stool?
5.Is there associated headache ?
Please reply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi

1.Since when it is there?

- End of Aug / Early Sept 2009

- No

3.Is she under stress?

- No
- She has pain in stomach which is due to vomiting / regurgitating after eating.

5.Is there associated headache ?
- No

My wife vomits after every meal and this could be up to 3-4 times a day. She has lost a lot of weight and at times feels weak.

Problem started when she was at work and she said she used to eat alot of nuts. She then said she felt constipated as she never went to the loo for while and the was no bowel movement. A friend of hers advised colon cleansing treament and she had 2 of these treaments.

Since then she has not been keeping well.

Thanks

Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for providing information.

It looks from the details that your wife is also constipated.Most probably a sedentary life style or wrong food habits & timing may be the reason for that.Generally one may have continuous constipation when he/she does have-

-Irregular diet timing.

-Do not take proper diet which is sufficient in fibers or do not take sufficient amount of the fluids.

-A lack of exercise & stress & depression are one of the causes of constipation.

-Excessive straining at the stool or organic lesion like hemorrhoids may also lead to this.

You should first act to remove the constipation by -

1.Giving diet sufficient in fibers(like fresh fruits,green leafy vegetables,legumes,etc)& increasing the intake of 2-4 glasses of water per day).

2.Tell her to do daily exercise.Brisk walking may be good for her.

3.She may have some supplements like milk of magnesia or pericolace to soften stool.

As she do not have any organic lesion in her abdomen & as in general her blood examination is not showing showing any abnormality then in my opinion you should first remove the basic cause behind her vomiting.Even after this if dos not have any relief in her vomiting then please have a consultation from a neurologist as a central cause may also lead to this or any ear problem like labyrinthitis may cause this.

Hope this will be helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi

My wife has gone past the stage of constipation. It is more of a digestive problem now where she cannot digest certain foods and vomits after eating most things.
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Hi,By looking at the details if there is such frequent vomiting then i will advice to check for central causes as they may be the reason for that for which she should have a MRI of brain which will be sufficient to rule out any region.Except the other reason which can lead to vomiting after eating food are either gastroparesis which is generally associated with diabetes or other one is psychological region which is known as bulimia.In both cases there is generally no finding in endoscopic examination.

Hope this will be helpful.
Let me know if you are having any more queries.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------