A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have dryness around my nose its flaking up. Around my mouth

Customer Question

I have dryness around my nose its flaking up. Around my mouth is dry patches and discoloration. My face is breaking out with a few small bumps throughout. My lips are peeling with big thin layers of skin, they are puffy, burning most of the time, they feel tight, and in the cracks the skin broke. Can you please tell me what is wrong with me?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. The Ambi may be causing the bulk of your problem, stop using it as it will cause skin to flake and peel. The dryness is possibly due to the ambi plus dehydration, try increasing your water intake to at least eight 8 oince glasses per day. You may also have a fungal rash secondary to the dryness and irritation, you could try a small amount of antifungal cream to see if it helps, if so, you can use it on a larger area, being careful not to put it near eyes or nose or mouth membranes. For skin discoloration, see your dermatologist who can prescribe an effective skin lightening cream. I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This didnt help me at all. The water part is common sense.
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.

Has your dermatologist checked for fungal or other infection? allergies?