CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I am 77 yrs. old. I have chronic pain (sciatica); obesity;

Customer Question

I am 77 yrs. old. I have chronic pain (sciatica); obesity; arthritis; ulcerative colitis; diabetes; high b.p. My Drs. have prescribed Fentanyl for the pain; Byetta for diabetes; several meds for colitis and b.p. I can't walk more than a few steps without pain; only feasible exercises are in thers[u pool and recumbent bike. I take thyroid meds, and have lost my appetite due to meds, but still don't lose weight. I would like to find a Dr. who uses both conventional and holistic treatments, or a holistic dr. who could work with my regular drs. How can I find such a person? Google was not much help. I live in SW suburbs of Chicago.--Grandma Nancy.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. Here is a Doctor that is both conventional and is a naturopath. If she is out of your immediate area, call her office and ask for a referral to someone closer.
Her name isXXXXX ND, LAc

Lakeshore Wellness Center: Naturopathic Wellness and Acupuncture
945 W. George Street
Chicago IL, 60657

here is a link to her site so you can read about her services:

I wish you the best! :-)

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
The information I gave you last night is correct. I am sorry you are having trouble. I will get the telephone number for you. Here is her telephone number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN I just called it and although it is after hours, an answering machine did answer with "Thank you for calling Lakeshore wellness center" Hours are 9am, - 6pm, Monday through Friday.