Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

I am twelve day late on my menstrual cycle, and I dont have

I am twelve day late on my menstrual cycle, and I don't have any obvious signs of pregnancy. I have not had unprotected intercourse anways.... I have been very stressed lately. So, would stress really cause my menstraul cycle to be so late?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.

Dear bake,

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

When did you have the last periods?

what is the length and duration?

do you have associated fever, abdomen pain, vaginal discharge?

did you consult a doctor yet?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My last period was october 19th, and they usually last about 4 days. This past year I have been quite regular with my cycles. A couple years ago, though, there was one month when I was two weeks late and that never happened again until now. I was taking pain reliever pills, AZO, for a UTI a week ago. Could that effect it? sometimes it gives me an increased heart-rate but no fevers or anything like that. No, I have not consulted a doctor.

Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.

Dear bake,

there are some common causes of such delayed or absent periods.The common ones are stress, anxiety, emotions, thyroid abnormality, hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, pcos, bc pills, etc.

Since you were recently stessed so it may be the cause of your absent or delayed periods.The psychological factors do play a role in menstrual cycle which may be delayed or absent during the time of stress.

The genital infection may also cause such delayed periods and should be ruled out.The pap smear, blood counts will help us in finding that.

The pregnancy may also cause such absent periods though the chances are less if you didn't have intercourse.

The other causes should also be ruled out.

The treatment depends on the underlying cause.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do agree with the strees, anxitey and emotions to blame for my absence. Thank you very much for you'r information!
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.

Dear baker,

You are welcome!

Best wishes for early recovery!

Thank you!