CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

can you help me with my appetite i am losing weight,

Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
HI and thank you for your question. What are your current diagnoses and are you taking any medications?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I HAVE HEPATITIS B BUT I HAVE NEVER HAS TO TAKE MED FOR IT , ALSO I HAVE CYSTS IN MY LIVER, I HAVE NEVER HAS TO TAKE MED FOR THAT . I ALSO HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT I HAVE SAROIDOSIS NEVER TOOK MED, THE DOCTERS NEVER GAVE ME MED ,
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Your poor appetite is most likely due to the hepatitis. The most common symptoms of hepatitis B include loss of appetite, weakness, abdominal pain, nausea, and fatigue. Your Doctor is right that a multi vitamin should help. It would be good for you to eat whole grains, cereals, lean meats and fresh fruits and vegetables.
If you feel nauseous, try to eat small meals as often as possible. Try to avoid drinking fluids with your meals because it can make you feel full. Buy Carnation instant breakfast and mix it with whole milk and use it as an in between meal snack to help put some weight back on.