CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I am experiencing waves of numbness on the left side of my

I am experiencing 'waves' of numbness on the left side of my face and lower left leg accompanied by weakness in my left arm, every day. I also have pain in my temples.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. Are you currently on any medications?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, diamicron mr, januvia, diabex, karvezide, crestor
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Paraesthesia( numbness) is a side effect experienced by 11 percent of people who took karvezide. Ask your Doctor to try you on something else to see if this could be the cause of your numbness.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have been on Karvezide for more than 12 months and have not experienced any problems until about 3 weeks ago. The numbness is intermittent. It happens during waking hours and each attack lasts about 1 minute. I can have up to a dozen each day.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
If you have had all tests and everything else was ruled out you have to look to the medication as a possible cause. It would not hurt to ask for an alternate medication ,just to be sure the Karvezide isn't the culprit.