Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

is there a cure for genital warts or medicine

Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 6 years ago.
Hello! Unfortunately, genital warts will never 'go completely away' as there is no cure for genital warts and the underlying virus that causes the warts is very difficult to eradicate. Some people have excellent results with the creams and some do not. Freezing or cutting the warts off surgically also works for some people but on the contrary, it can provoke an immune response which for some people will make the warts worse. The creams commonly used include Aldara, Condylox, and TCA (chemical that burns the warts off). Freezing them off usually works pretty well, but repeated treatment is usually necessary for better results. There is also the option of surgical removal-which involves actually cutting out the wart and laser treatment which is usually reserved for the hard to remove warts. Laser treament tends to be expensive, but might be your last option. The success rate for laser treatment for genital warts is up to 90% effective...not bad!

Hope this helps!

Don't forget...You will need to click ACCEPT or the $$$ you have put down as a deposit will not go to me. will hold your deposit and I will not get credit for my time and efforts.