CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

My doctor told me a few months ago I have some Fatty Liver,

My doctor told me a few months ago I have some Fatty Liver, but its probobly due to age??? I drink some wine every night and much more on the weekends, I just turned 44 and am a female, I have been drinking since my late teen early 20s. I went to the ER about a month ago, due to stomach probs, and some bowel problems they ran a Amylase, Lipase, HCG, a Comprehensive Panel, and a CBC, said all was fine,they also did a Abdominal X-ray. is it possible they knew my tests were fine in a 3 hour time span? Also do any of those tests reveal liver problems? In between due to finding I had High BP they did and ultrasound of my Kidneys and a Echo of my heart, all fine. I am not sure if my right side hurts or its in my head.
Hi and thank you for your question. Are you currently on any medications?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I take Lisinopril 10mg.. for High BP, and Levoyxl 112mg. for my thyroid/both Daily
The blood tests you had would have found a liver problem, so if they were all normal, your fatty liver is likely due to a high fat diet, genetics and/ or age. As we age fat tends to accumulate in the liver, this is normally a benign condition. It would be good to limit alcohol intake and decrease cholesterol in your diet. I wish you the best! :-)