Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

my eyes get red very often mostly at night when i am tired

my eyes get red very often mostly at night when i am tired but also sometimes in the morning when i get up especially if i slept little. also many times when i walk out in day light i can feel like my eyes sting

How long has this been going on?

Are your eyes gritty feeling?

Are you eyes painful?

Does the redness go away?

IS you vision effected?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
its has been for quite a while it certainly goes away it is not painful but sometimes uncomfortable my vision is not effected and what do u mean by gritty
By gritty I mean that you feel like there is sand in your eyes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no i wouldnt say i feel gritty mayb more like a sting but that is usually when im on the street during the day and it usually gets red only at night could this also have to do with sleeping little

Alright then, It appears that you have dry eyes. Sometimes that just occurs but sometimes it is due to allergies or certain medications.

You would be safe to use Visine or similar over the counter product for dry eyes. It will help lubricate your eyes. You can use about 3 times a day if you would need to. Try not to use more often than you need or have symptoms. If it continues past a few weeks than I would see your eye doctor.

Have a great day!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when u say i should see an eye doctor what r the reasons of concern. i get very freaked out with everything and i am getting very nervous thanks for ur help
Well, the only reason I would say that is if it continues we would want to make sure it is dry or tired eyes. You may need to have glasses to help with eye strain. Not to worry!