Dr_Aroara
Dr_Aroara, Doctor
Experience:  MD; Medicine: br -7. MB; BS. Bombay, King Edward Memorial Hospital, mumbai 12

I have bumps that grow hair on my penis and scrotum. The bumps

Customer Question

I have bumps that grow hair on my penis and scrotum. The bumps are hard and will give a little pus if squeezed hard. I have had this for as long as I could remember I only found out that this was weird when a lady said I had a rash. What can this be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr_Aroara replied 4 years ago.

The best way to know what the bumps are is to get a pathology test called (fine needle aspiration biopsy). It is done very easily and there is no pain once a local anesthetic is given.

later the report tells us what it is.

usually these bumps which ooze out a white discharge are sebacious cysts(sebum glands size increased) or it usually is a dermoid cysts if the bumps are in midline of the scrotum too. The rash you mention could just be a mild inflamation of the bumps which appear red or pinkish red or copper coloured.

Expert:  Dr_Aroara replied 4 years ago.
I wish you see the answer and help me work out on your symptoms so that you get to know what your suffering from.A picture in html format or jpg format will help me a lot

Edited by Dr_Aroara on 11/19/2009 at 10:35 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok i looked up both those skin problems and what i have looks nothing like that. mine are small white bumps hard to the touch but the grow hair they are not warts and ive had them as long as i can remeber
Expert:  Dr_Aroara replied 4 years ago.

i got a link for you.

please visit that link and see if it is the same you have.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080412011953AAYjtRv

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i looked it up and it said that question was deleted
Expert:  Dr_Aroara replied 4 years ago.

THIS IS THE PART OF THE SITE I HAVE FOR YOU, BECAUSE YOU COULDNT BROWSE IT.

Ihave bumps on my penis kinda like little pimples i don't think it is herpes or warts, what else could it be?
- Chosen by Voters
** Probably just sweat pimples wear normal cotton undies not boxers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearly_penile_papules
It is most likely that the bumps you are describing are sebaceous glands of hair follicles on the scrotum and lower penile shaft. They are normal and harmless. You'll most likely see hair growing from them (if not now, then soon!). And yes, hair can grow on the shaft of the penis, though most often just near the base.

Keep in mind, too, that penile skin is not much like other skin. It is often bumpy, lumpy, and uneven, especially on the shaft. A deflated penis can look especially bumpy, but will look less so when filled and expanded. If bumps are numerous, tiny, and don't change over time, they probably represent your normal penile skin landscape.

However, bumps or lumps that are few in number, that seem to have a timely association with sexual activity, or that grow in size may represent genital warts (condyloma), usually caused by a strain of human papillomavirus (HPV). These warts need medical attention, biopsy, or removal.

If these (or new) bumps are growing or changing on your penis or if you notice bumps inside your scrotum or penis, a visit to your health care provider is in order.
ALSO LIkley to be pearly papules. These are smalle whitish pimple-like dots on the penis (usually around the head) and are usually in straight rows. They are perfectly healthy, normal and common. Google some pictures of them and see if they look similar to yours.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it sounds like the one that says that the bums are numerous , tiny, and dont change over time
Expert:  Dr_Aroara replied 4 years ago.
SO these bumps are normal and nothing should be done , proper hygine and adequate cleaning with luke warm water will make them lighter over a period of time
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
its just a lady told me she thought i had a rash and shes never seen anything like that befor so i went on u porn to look at other penises and the were all smooth and had no bums which i thought these bumps were normal
Expert:  Dr_Aroara replied 4 years ago.

believe me if it was a rash, it has to have..... in at least some time and some cases..... itching,pain... a redness... tenderness.......scratching.... a feeling which comes like pricking.... heat and warmth...... so its not acute.... and since you have believed her, you have a urge to know if you should be concerned. A doctor s help here almost helps a lot.and as i mentioned you must get a fine needle aspiration biopsy to confirm what it is . you have to be stress free because a test will help you ascertain that this is normal in your case.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Dr_Aroara replied 4 years ago.

.