Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

I have a positive leukocyte, but a negative nitrite on the

I have a positive leukocyte, but a negative nitrite on the azo brand uti test strip, so I am wondering if this is a uti or not?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 7 years ago.

Hello

If you are having symptoms of a UTI and have positive Leukocytes, then it is most likely that you have a urinary tract infection.

Nitrites are usually present in a urinalysis when a patient has a UTI, but not always. Plus the test might be flawed.

You might want to see your Dr if you are having symptoms of a UTI for a urinalysis and then antibiotics.

Hope this helps!

********************

PLEASE NOTE: The $$$ that you have put down as a deposit will not go to me until you click "ACCEPT" after reading your answer. Otherwise, it will be held by JustAnswer.com and I will not receive credit for my time and efforts.

Please ask for clarification if needed.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok i have all the symptoms, about how much will the medicine run me?

Hi there

UTI's can be treated with something like Septra or Bactrim and these are relatively cheap. You can expect them to run about $20.00 or so for 10 (taken twice a day for 5 days). If you have a drug card (insurance), it might be a lot less than this.

Hope you feel better soon.