CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I have a jumping nerve in my left knee. It has been jumping

Customer Question

I have a jumping nerve in my left knee. It has been jumping for two days now. I am in no pain, but it has been jumping for several seconds at a time all day. What do you suggest?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.Muscle twitching is caused by an uncontrolable muscle contraction from a motor nerve fiber. Muscle twitches are usually of no concern and are considered normal. Normal Muscle tritches can be caused by over use, under use, or diet deficiency...many times a cause can not be determined. You could try a warm compress to try to relax the muscle, if it continues to bother you , your Dr may prescribe a muscle relaxer.I hope this helps you,if so, please click accept. Thank you and I wish you the best! :-)