CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

hi, my girlfriend is having stomach cramps and sharp pains

my girlfriend is having stomach cramps and sharp pains around her womb. we went on holiday to egypt a couple of weeks ago and since she has returned the pains have been getting more frequent, at the moment they are around once every 1 to 2 hours. she doesnt want to go the doctors or the hospital because she thinks she will be sent home.

Do you have any advice as to whats wrong or what we should do?

Thanks in advance
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am sorry she is suffering these pains, does she have any other symptoms, such as diarrhea or constipation?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your prompt response. She has no diahorrea but she is going for a wee about 10 times a day (usually 2-3) and going for a poo twice a day (usually once every 36 hours.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
She may have a urinary tract infection. Any burning with urination? Does it feel like she has a sense of urgency to go? Does it feel like she isn't able to empry her bladder completely?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
she's not having any of the symptoms you stated, thanks
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
then it is possible she has a pelvic infection which could put pressure on the bladder causing frequent urination. If this is a pelvic infection,it would require antibiotics. Pelvic infections can become serious so it is best that she see a Doctor promptly for a diagnosis and treatment. I hope this information has helped you, if so, please click accept. Thank you and I wish you and your girlfriend the best! :-)