CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

Over a number of years test has shown I have had blood in the

Over a number of years test has shown I have had blood in the urine, the last test six months ago show a very high level of blood in the urine. The last few weeks I have some soreness or tender to the touch to the pubic area. My last two eljaculations have been ablout 50% blood and 50% semen. Do I have some kind of a infection and will it clear up in time.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am sorry you are experiencing this, I can imagine it is very unsettling for you. Can you tell me if the blood in the urine is visible? If so, is it at the beginning or the end of the urine stream?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Urine is dark orange. Blood very very visable in the semen about 50-50.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Hematospermia is the term used for blood in the seminal fluid. Semen originates from the testicles, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, and prostate, with the majority coming from the seminal vesicles and the prostate. Most cases of hematospermia is caused by inflammation of the seminal vesicles, and will usually go away on its own. Other causes of hematospermia include STDs ( Chlamydia ) or a tear or inflammation of the prostate. (Other symptoms of prostatitis include urinary frequency, and discomfort in the lower abdomen).

Edited by CamilleRN on 11/2/2009 at 1:19 PM EST