Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I am a 30 year old male, that has felt terrible over the past

I am a 30 year old male, that has felt terrible over the past few months. I have been having severe left shoulder pain, off and on, sharp pains in my chest every now and then, and a heart beat that ranges from 47-150, about once to twice a week. I have had an echocardiogram, stress test, wore a heart monitor for around 3-4 weeks, and mutilple ekgs, but my cardiologist said everything looks fine. Yet, my sharp chest pain seems to happen more, and my shoulder still hurts everyday off and on. For example, when I do heavy lifting, sometimes I will feel a pull in my chest. This all started about three months ago,and I have had problems for anxiety and depression in the past and have been on lexapro for about 10 years. When I started to feel all this new pain my doctor put me on buspar and clonazopam as well. Any comments of suggestions? I have had all of these tests done within the last month. Last ekg and cardiologist visit this past week.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 6 years ago.

Hi there

Since your Cardiologist has cleared you of anything heart-related, I think it is time to look into other directions. I would suggest you see an Orthopedist and have them order a MRI of the left shoulder that is causing you the pain. The shoulder pain can be radiating into your chest and your anxiety about the whole ordeal can be making your heart rate vary.

The heavy lifting you sometimes do and this 'pull' you feel make the shoulder even more so seem like the culprit.