CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

my sister has given birth lastnyt, the babies are ok but she

Customer Question

my sister has given birth lastnyt, the babies are ok but she hasnt stopped bleeding since (long time) is she going to be ok? what are the chances she will be ok? is this common?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. Bleeding after delivery is normal and can go on for several days, hemorrhaging ( excessive bleeding) is another story... did the Nurses or Doctor say she was bleeding excessively?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

she is not at home, she is still in the hospital. we are unable to see her because she hasn't stop bleeding since delivering twins.

now they are operating on her and im really worried.

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry to hear that, yes this is very serious. The Surgeon will do everything possible to stop the bleeding and she will receive blood transfusions to replace the lost blood as well as other possible supportive measures. She is in the best hands she could be in having had this occur in the hospital as opposed to at home. I will keep her in my prayers. Please let me know how she does, ok?