Dr. Amit
Dr. Amit, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Licenced Medical Practitioner & Online Health Advisor & Writer
12193477

have sinus promblems on amoxicillian have periods of dry throat

have sinus promblems on amoxicillian have periods of dry throat and feels like i have a fur ball in my throat gagging at times
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I would like you to to kindly provide following more info before i reply on the health issue... 1)What other symptoms are you experiencing other than throat congestion and dryness? 2)When from you are having these symptoms? 3) Have you been to a doctor before for sinus infection, who prescribed you amoxicillin or you are taking it on your own? 4) When from are you taking amoxicillin? dose? Regards.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
blocked nose sticky eyes in the morning approx 3 months my doctor i have been taking for 4 days its mt throat that seems to dry up and feels that i have swallowed a fur ball also ear sometimes washing affect
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for reply. From the info,with similar symptoms from last 3 months, you seem to be suffering from Chronic sinusitis. Chronic sinusitis generally gets treated slowly than acute episodes. Further repeated acute sinusitis can lead to chronic conditions. Though causes of chronic sinusitis are largely unknown,its often associated with allergies to inhaled allergens that are present year-round like house dust mites, pets, mold and even cockroaches & asthma. Further growths like nasal polyps are commonly seen with chronic state which may protrude into sinuses or nasal passages extending to throat too. It can be a possibility in your case. I advise you to refer to an ENT specialist and get yourself fully physically evaluated for the cause for this. Recurrent bacterial infections and even siginificant deviated nasal septum (deformity of internal nose) can cause it. Full treatment can be only based on evaluation. It's mainly based on nasal steroid sprays or long courses of oral antibiotics alone or both in combination.Sometimes even oral steroids are prescribed depending upon the state of sinusitis and symptoms, but they have their own side effects and not commonly used. You can try Saline nasal washes or sprays in the nose to help remove thick secretions relieving symptoms but the basic cause has to be removed for full treatment in long term. Hope this helps. Regards

Edited by Dr Amit on 11/1/2009 at 5:54 PM EST