Dr Wu
Dr Wu, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board certified family physician, extensive experience in adult medicine, specalizes in geriatrics.

my lower left leg and the top of my outer shin..My right leg

I woke up yesterday and parts of my legs are asleep. The inner side of my lower left leg and the top of my outer shin on my lower right leg. My right leg seems to have gotten better since yesterday, at least the affected area is definitely smaller. The areas don't tingle when I'm sitting or walking, and I can feel the usual range of touches like normal, but then with the slight tingle.

Thank you for submitting your question.

The symptoms you described(numbness, tingling, weakness) are consistent with nerve irritation. When nerve fibers are compressed, they become irritated and fire off abnormal signals(tingling, numbness). This can happen during sleep especially if you sleep on your side(body weight rests on parts of the leg).

Your symptoms should completely resolve within the next 24 hours.

I hope this answers your question.