CarrieCNA, Certified Nursing Assistant
Experience:  1-2 years medical experience in hospitals and long-term care

Hello, Sometimes, I have right hand problem.The opposite

Sometimes, I have right hand problem.The opposite of my palm and sometimes forearm hurts. That pain releases when I try not to use my right hand so often. Instead I use my left hand. I am a computer teacher. And I've heard about carpal tunnel desease. But I hope that it is not that kind of desease. Just because that pain goes away when I use it less. Maybe I just overstrain it. I don't know. That's why I want to ask you about that.Please, give me the detailed answer. What must I do.

Thank you.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Are you experiencing numbness in any portion of your hand or wrist?
-Does the pain radiate up to your shoulder at any time?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
numbness - you mean not feeling smth. If it's yes, then no. Both questions - "no"
If you aren't experiencing numbness, it likely is not carpal tunnel syndrome. The most common complaint with carpal tunnel is that the pinky is numb. This appears to be more along the lines of tendonitis. It would be a good idea to make an appointment with your primary care physician or a hand specialist to ascertain if an nerve conduction study should be done to effectively rule out CTS altogether. If it comes back negative, then you will most likely be prescribed a hand splint and asked not to lift anything for a while in order for the tendon to heal. A good way to encourage proper healing is to gently stretch and exercise the tendons in your hand using a tennis ball and squeezing it gently.

Here are some websites for more information:

Edited by CNAFlorida726 on 11/1/2009 at 12:51 PM EST
Also, for now, I would recommend R.I.C.E.--Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. You may also take an NSAID (Advil, Tylenol, Aleve, etc.) to relieve the pain.

Edited by CNAFlorida726 on 11/1/2009 at 12:58 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the answer.

I'll click accept.

Just one more question:

Can it be early stage of CTS?

It most likely is not early CTS. Early stages of CTS almost always present with numbness and tingling in the hand. If you are concerned, the nerve conduction study is the best way to effectively rule CTS out. Here is another website which explains the Nerve Conduction Study in more detail: