Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

when my penis is erect, my foreskin still covers the head of

when my penis is erect, my foreskin still covers the head of my penis. the skin does come back when pulled but is tight on the shaft. does this mean in need to bee circumsised?
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 6 years ago.

A circumcision is not always needed, foreskins can be loosened with time and effort when in a warm bath. If you are not able to retract the foreskin at all then you run the risk of infection under the foreskin due to being unable to clean adequately.

If a few weeks of manual stretching does not help then your doctor can prescribe a cream to help soften the skin and allow stretching. Surgical stretching or a small incision can be used as a last resort.

A urologist would be the doctor to see about this, however it is worth persisting on your own for a while unless you are currently getting pain and 'ballooning'.