Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

is there a problem taking mucinex and cipro at the same time What

is there a problem taking mucinex and cipro at the same time?
What if one adds asprin to bring down a fever.

The trip to the Doctor last week returned a "not sick" evaluation, there was nothing in the throat culture.
Advice was to take mucinex to control the slight cough.

But after 17 hours flying, there's now a 101-102 fever. Having seen this many times before, I'm now on cipro.
Hard to call the doctor a half a world away.

thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

Dear katz,

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

You may take the mucinex and cipro together as there is no significant harmful intercation between the two drugs.

The fever may be controlled by the drugs like tylenol, aspirin, or motrin.If it doesn't work then the cold sponging with ice water and towel may also be done.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you!

Edited by Dr. RK on 11/1/2009 at 4:29 AM EST
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

In addition to the above information, i would also like to add that in some cases the NSAID drugs may potentiate the cns toxicity of fluroquinolones to cause the seizures.

It is especially common after the use of enoxacin.The monitoring should be done while co-administration and should stop if the toxicity occurs..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How can we be sure it isn't H1N1?
We've seen these symptoms before (many times) but they make her more susceptible to other infections.
I don't believe its flu, but... what will be the 'trigger' to tell me I have to take other actions.
thanks
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thank you for the information,

The definitive diagnosis of the h1n1 can only be done after the blood test done at laboratory.The swine flu causes the vague symptoms just like any other flu like sore throat, fever, vomitting, diarrhea, cough, etc.

The treatment is symptomatic and the drugs like tamiflu may help in controlling the symptoms.

Here is the link for more information

swine flu

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience: M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, the fever has dropped to normal so its probably not the flu.
the cough still exists but with much less frequency.
The nausea was limited and now gone.
We're treating for a bacterial infection that often happens after long plane rides.

thanks
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

Dear katz,

Thank you,

You are welcome!

Best wishes for early recovery!